Crave the infamous creamy pasta dish, but don’t want to use heavy cream? Try this super quick and delicious hack that will whip up this dish in no time!
This is the beauty about nut and seed butters, you can easily create dairy free variations of dishes you might avoid if you were no longer eating dairy.Jump to Recipe
Vegan Pasta alla Vodka Sauce
- 1 pkg pasta of your choice (penne and rigatoni work best)
- 1 medium white onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (3/4 L) crushed tomatoes (Romano is best)
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 2-3 basil leaves (to garnsh on top)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a sautee pan on medium heat, add olive oil
- Add minced garlic and onions, let it sweat for 3-5 minutes
- Combine tomato paste into the pan
- Crush the whole tomatoes into a chunky sauce and add to the pan
- Let the tomato mixture simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cashew butter until fully combined.
- Add a few tbsps of pasta water to get a thinner consistency.
- Add the vodka and let it simmer for about 5-7 minutes to allow the alcohol to deciptitate.
- Once the pasta is ready, add it into the saute pan and add a few spoonfuls of pasta water to acheive desired creaminess.