This is a flavorful dish that will wow your tastebuds and can be ready in under 30 minutes, which makes it a perfect weeknight meal. Eggplant is a vegetable with a meaty texture which makes a great texture in this stir fry, but the real show is the sauce.
A combination of peanut butter and Thai chili peppers, brings in the creaminess and the heat to this Thai-inspired dish.
Spicy Eggplant Peanut Noodle
- 1 eggplant
- 1 chili pepper
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2-3 green onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 pkg egg noodles (or whatever noodle you prefer)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped peanuts.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and cube eggplant and place them on a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium sized sautee pan and add the sesame oil.
- Add minced garlic, sliced chili peppers and let it sautee for a 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Grate fresh ginger into the pan
- Stir in the tomato paste.
- Add the soy sauce, peanut butter and rice vinegar and combine well.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add the noodles and cook based on package instructions.
- Add the eggplant to the sauce and coat them well. You may add some of the noodle water to the sauce to loosen it.
- Add the noodles into the pan once cooked.
- Top the dish with fresh green onion and crushed peanuts.