Crunch Thai Salad with Spicy Cashew Dressing
- 1 cup red cabbage julienned
- 1 cup green cabbage julienned
- 1 cup bell pepper julienned
- 1 cup carrot julienned
- 1 cup cucumber julienned
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro or parsely
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts (optional)
Spicy Cashew Dressing
- 1/2 cup smooth cashew butter
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp harissa paste or sriracha sauce
- splash of water for consistency
- Julienne the salad ingredients (except for green onions and herbs), using a food processor, a mandolin or cut by hand. Add a pinch of salt to the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, stir in the ingredients together, until smooth consistency. Add a tsp of water at a time until desired consistency, if necessary.
- In a large bowl, dress the salad with the dressing until coated. Toss the salad and add more dressing if necessary. Add the green onions and chopped parsely/cilanto along with the crushed peanuts overtop. Enjoy!