We all know how good avocados are for us. These green powerhouses are full of potassium, fibre, healthy fats, antioxidants, and much more. Avocados are so creamy and rich in texture that it is a great choice in adding to a variety of recipes. In the mornings I like to add it onto my eggs or my smoothie, during lunch it’s in my salad or wrap and I’ve even hid this green fruit in a yummy chocolatey dessert. It’s mild flavour means it is also easy to hide in various foods for those picky eaters.
I’m not going to lie, I’m not always in the mood to eat an avocado and that is when I like to get creative in how I use it. I love to experiment with different salad dressings since I eat salad, every single day!
My usual dressing consists of salt, balsamic vinegar (either one works) and extra virgin olive oil. This time I decided to add half a ripe avocado, some honey and lemon and lime juice and the taste was out of this world!
This dressing is also great as a spread on your next sandwich/wrap.
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- juice of half a lemon (this also helps keep the dressing from turning brown a little longer)
- juice of half one lime (they are small)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Serve immediately or keep in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. I wouldn’t keep it too long as avocados tend to turn brown fairly quickly once exposed to air.