If you’re anything like me, your diet lately consists of pretty much Ferrero Rocher chocolates all day.
This is the issue around the holidays. Friends and family are showing up for holiday visits, which is great, but that means we always have little snacks and treats ready for them. My cellar is full of chocolate boxes either to open for guests or to give as last minute gifts (I know soooo Italian, you know over the tomato jars?).
What this all translates to, is that on a cold day like today, where the chill factor is -15 degrees, a couple of decadent chocolates really hit the spot. Then I go onto Pinterest and Instagram and see all the stuff I haven’t done or baked and then decide I need more chocolate to make me feel better. Wow, ok now I am off topic.
I am here to discuss my Holiday Avocado Dip! In between all the butter and sugar it’s good to ingest some nutrients in between. This dip is packed with flavour and also a way to get in some good omega fats and anti-oxidants during the dreadful, I mean magical season, hehe. It’s really simple to make at home and can be quickly made right before or even while your guests arrive.
My suggestion is make sure your avocados are ripe, but not brown. They should be soft to touch and have a purple-black colour to it. If it’s mushy then it’s over ripe and it won’t taste so well in your dip.
Throw in some of your favourite crackers and Bob’s your uncle!
Honestly, it gets hard around this time to have any self control, my advice, enjoy the holidays. Have the extra chocolate and be merry! Once January rolls in there’s always time to get that gym membership we are never going to use hehe.
Holiday Avocado Dip
- 1 ripe avocado (soft, but not mushy)
- 3/4 cup of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- a squeeze of lemon juice (to keep it a little fresh)
- In a food processor, combine avocado, cream cheese, honey, olive, salt and lemon juice.
- Process until smooth.
- Place mixture in a bowl and fold in pomegranate seeds until well combined.
- Place dip in a fancy holiday plate and surround with your favourite crackers!