This week I am feeling a little patriotic in my dishes as we approach Canada’s 150th birthday. I have decided to pay homage to our country and create Canadian infused dishes.
I decided to begin with maple syrup, there isn’t anything more Canadian than that! Let’s face it, maple syrup is just plain delicious and goes well with almost anything.
This sesame maple glazed salmon is a very simple dish and so easy to make. Salmon is such a great fish to cook with and really takes little time to bake.
Sesame Maple Glazed Salmon
- 4 pieces of Atlantic Wild Salmon fillets
- 1/2 a white onion
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Begin by chopping the onion into small pieces and set aside.
- In a small pan, heat the sesame oil, add the onions with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the good ol’ 100% pure Canadian Maple Syrup. Let the mixture simmer until the onions have become translucent.
- Place the salmon on parchment paper in a baking dish/pan.
- Combine chili flakes, paprika, salt and pepper and sprinkle on each salmon fillet.
- Pour the onion/maple mixture on top of each salmon.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over wild Basmati rice or a side of your choice.